struts-user mailing list archives

From "Liu Jian" <j...@stny.rr.com>
Subject "conPool" --> "ConPool" / Re: datasource problem
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 21:25:57 GMT
Will the data-source key case-sensitive? "conPool" --> "ConPool"

Try

dsSrc    = ( DataSource ) context.getAttribute( "conPool" );

Good luck !

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Dahlin" <sdahlin@cableone.net>
To: <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 3:42 PM
Subject: datasource problem

When I try to get a datasource which has been defined in the
struts-config.xml no matter what I do the datasource returns back null.  My
struts-config.xml for data-sources is:

    <data-sources>

        <data-source key    = "conPool">

            <set-property  property  = "autoCommit"
                           value     = "false"/>
            <set-property  property  = "description"
                           value     = "database source"/>
            <set-property  property  = "driverClass"
                           value     = "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
            <set-property  property  = "user"
                           value     = "theuser"/>
            <set-property  property  = "password"
                           value     = "thepassword"/>
            <set-property  property  = "url"
                           value     =
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.192.192.192:1675:inst"/>
         </data-source>

      </data-sources>

In the section of code used for initialization of the datasource there is
the following:

            ServletContext context = actSrv.getServletContext();
            dsSrc    = ( DataSource ) context.getAttribute( "ConPool" );

The context is captured but the datasource remains null.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve