I have a couple of elements on one . How do I distinguish between the different buttons? Specifically, I have Edit Loan Reject Loan The form bean has a setOpereration(String) setter method which is called with the text of the button (ie, "Edit Loan") when the form is submitted. When I look at the HTML that is rendered in the browser, I see that the property attribute becomes the "name" attribute of the element. The way it works now, I have to compare the value of the operation property of the form bean against the string that is displayed to the user. That seems a bit fragile - suppose the customer wants the "Reject Loan" to be "Cancel Loan" instead. I'd have to change code in my action to effect the change. I'm looking for an attribute to that is the value that gets set to the property (operation). Is there such a thing. I want to avoid having a different form-bean-attribute for each submit tag (like operation1, operation2, etc.). Thanks, Kevin. __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: For additional commands, e-mail: