struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@attws.com>
Subject RE: how can I use the tag value in another tag?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:34:38 GMT
Note that using the EL (JSTL expression language, with Struts-EL and
JSTL) is not really "script".  It's considered a good idea to avoid
using runtime JSP expression scriptlets, which these are not.  If you
don't use either Struts-EL or the JSTL, it's difficult to do this sort
of thing without using scriptlets, and you will find that real
scriptlets to do this will be messier than EL expressions.