struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sri Sankaran" <Sri.Sanka...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Replacement values
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:19:22 GMT
I believe that replacement values are interpreted as Strings.  Also, quoting Craig from an
earlier post:

...the <logic:iterate> tag does not create a scripting variable.  It only stores the
current element you are iterating over in the attribute defined by "name"....

Given that, a quick solution to what you are attempting isn't obvious.

Sri

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohan Radhakrishnan [mailto:MohanR@hclcomnet.co.in]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 5:07 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Replacement values

Hi,

  I am trying to iterate over values in my form bean.

	<logic:iterate id="item" name="myForm" property="x">
	  <bean:message key="somevalue" arg0="item"/>
	</logic:iterate>

  The above prints the string "item" for the replacement value.

 Shouldn't it print the value iterated over the String[] which is the type of the property
in my form bean ?

 Even bean:write throws " bean not found in scope null " error.

 "myForm" is in the session scope according the config file.

Thanks,
Mohan