struts-user mailing list archives

From John Nicholas <jaka...@mobosplash.com>
Subject Re: tiles: some questions
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:18:21 GMT
Paul Hodgetts wrote:
> John Nicholas wrote:
>
>  > Yes, you want to have all page access go through the controller
>  > even when it seems like it's not doing anything. There is a
>  > default Action for this.
>  >
>  >     <action path="/mypath"
>  >                 type="com.aapromo.RestrictedForewardAction" >
>  >             <forward name="success" path="/defs/tilesdefsample" />
>  >         </action>
>
> I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but where does
> com.aapromo.RestrictedForewardAction come from?  I
> don't see it in the Struts classes.  Is this an action
> that you've written?  If so, does it do anything
> special (I'm wondering what the "Restricted" part is
> about)?

oops, I cut and pasted the wrong line. it should be this:

<action path="/mypath"
type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
parameter="/defs/tilesdefsample">

the other was a variant I made to check loging status first.

You can also use this to go to a jsp but I don't think it will do the
tiles part:

<action
    path="/mypath"
    forward="/index.jsp">