struts-user mailing list archives

From "Moyer, Alan L" <MOY...@polaroid.com>
Subject NoSuchMethodError exception in ActionServlet init
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:54:12 GMT
Hi,

I just installed Struts 1.1 beta 2 under Weblogic 6.0. When I start up the
server I'm getting the following exception during the init of the servlet:

[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.util.
LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.actio
n.ActionResources', returnNull=true
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:892)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1514)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initServlet(ActionServlet.java
:1257)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:451)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:638)
(rest of exception stack deleted)

I've got all the jar files from the distribution the the WEB-INF/lib
directory and I've added the directory to the classpath. The jars are:
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-dbcp.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-pool.jar
commons-services.jar
commons-validator.jar
struts.jar
xerces.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-lang.jar
commons-resources.jar
jakarta-oro.jar
jdbc2_0-stdext.jar

I've got a very basic struts-config.xml file with the minimum in it.

Any idea why I'm getting the exception?

Thanks,

Al

+******+
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy
the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.