struts-user mailing list archives

From Mohan Radhakrishnan <Moh...@hclcomnet.co.in>
Subject RE: Question about adding ActionErrors
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 06:27:10 GMT
Hi,
    We are validating against the database in the LoginAction through a
business delegate. I think the validation in the form would be limited to
checking for null or spaces...

    A related question.

    In my action, I use saveErrors. How are the 'errors' saved inside the
form ?

Thanks,
Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: jzimmek@morelogs.de [mailto:jzimmek@morelogs.de]
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:24 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Question about adding ActionErrors

Hi,

i have a LoginForm ( ValidatorForm ), which will validate if username and
password is entered. Ok, but after this i have to probe if the entered
username/password combination really exists in the database.

My question is where to perform the database-check ... in the LoginForm by
overriding the validate method or in the requested Action ( /Login.do ) ?

It seems to me a litte bit confusing that a ValidatorForm should make a
database-connect instead of the Action.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan Zimmek