struts-user mailing list archives

From matthew yee-king <yeek...@no-future.com>
Subject Re: how to dynamically generate several file upload fields
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:10:17 GMT

> Another idea you might try is similar to what I ended up doing. This
> involves having a single file input field. The user can only upload
> one file at a time, but after each upload they are brought back to the
> form to add more. This is implemented by having the form in session
> scope and the setFile() method (or whatever you call your file field)
> adds each FormFile that is set into it to a list. The advantage of
> this method is that it allows for any number of files , but has
> several disadvantages too - such as needing to use the session scope,
> and it feels (very) clunky to the user.

that sounds like the best solution to me for the moment. I need a quick
solution as ever ;)

> Im still trying to think up a nicer way to do it that covers all my
> needs. If you come up with something better do let me know as Id be
> most interested:-)

I'm thinking the best way would be to get into the taglibs and write
some new html: tags that let you generate sets of text fields or file
fields that are stored to an ActionForm's arrays in the same way you can
with the<html:select multiple="yes"..> tags.

thanks for the tips

matthew