struts-user mailing list archives

From "Patrice" <ppich...@nerim.net>
Subject Re: select box doesn't call set method in form bean when nothing is selected
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:06:54 GMT
I think you can clear the value of the property in the reset() method of your form bean.

Best regards
Patrice
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: glen_roberts@agilent.com
  To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 10:00 PM
  Subject: select box doesn't call set method in form bean when nothing is selected

  I have a multiple select box on my jsp (html:select).  When the user selects an item from
the list, our form bean picks up that fact just fine.  However, if the user then un-selects
that item (ctrl-click) so there is nothing selected in the box, the set method for that box
doesn't get called so it 'remembers' that last value the user selected.

  So, the question:  when a user de-selects everything from a multiple select box, how can
struts know to clear the form bean variable since the html form is no longer sending data
corresponding to that variable?

  Thank you,
  GlenR