struts-user mailing list archives

From Kelly Prudente Pereira <kelly.pere...@Foton.la>
Subject Problems using <!ENTITY inside struts-config.xml
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:12:04 GMT
I'm facing a problem using entities to include two xml files in my
struts-config.xml file. Both files are in the same directory I placed my
struts-config.xml.

If I use the complete path it does work well, but if I try the relative path
it doesn't work.

This works:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
 "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"
 "struts-config_1_0.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY mapping SYSTEM "file:///C:/kelly/fotongesla/WEB-INF/mapping.xml">
<!ENTITY formbean SYSTEM "file:///C:/kelly/fotongesla/WEB-INF/formbean.xml">
]

This doesn't work
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
 "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"
 "struts-config_1_0.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY mapping SYSTEM "mapping.xml">
<!ENTITY formbean SYSTEM "formbean.xml">
]

When I tried to open my struts-config.xml, in both cases it opens as a
well-formed xml in my browser. But, when I run my application I get the
following message:
"resolveEntity('null', 'formbean.xml')
Not registered, use system identifier
Parse Fatal Error at line 0 column 0: File "formbean.xml" not found."
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advanced,

Kelly Prudente Pereira
Analista de Sistemas - NDS