struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Ruegger" <crueg...@speakeasy.net>
Subject tiles: some questions
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:18:40 GMT
Question 1:
I'm setting up an app to use Tiles. I'm using tiles definitions
in an XML file and I successfully start at my welcome page,
which is inserted into the master template.

Now suppose this page has direct links to other JSPs,
like this:

When I follow this link, it does take me to the page, but the page
is not inserted into the template page. How should I set up
the links so that my pages always show up within my master
template?  It looks like I will need to create an entry in the
tiles-defs.xml for each JSP (not a  problem), but do I also have to
create an Action class even if all I want to do is just navigate to the
page with no special need for a controller class, and then use
an ActionForward in struts-config.xml that points to an entry
in tiles-defs.xml? Specifically, what should the code for this link
be, and what should I have in struts-config.xml and tiles-defs.xml
to make this work?

Question 2:
When using tiles, should my JSPs now be "fragments", i.e. not
will come from my template page?

Thanks