struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alayne Wartell" <alayne.wart...@towers.com>
Subject Re: "deferring" an action
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:48:54 GMT

As a matter of fact, our users are chained to their desks.
Ok, I'm lying. But your suggestion may have merit -- the form would be in
session scope but not for very long -- just long enough to be put there
when the user clicks a link, then saved, then it could go away.

But would you mind explaining how putting the form in session scope would
solve the issue at hand? In some nice clean struts-like way?
The issue being 1) click for action #1   ;   2) perform action #2;   3)
perform action #1
where actions 1 and 2 are arbitrary, not known ahead of time.
Thanks,
Alayne

                      "Brian Hickey"           cc:       (bcc: Alayne Wartell/Towers Perrin)

                      <bhickey@r-effect        Subject:  Re: "deferring" an action

                      s.com>

                      11/14/2002 01:21

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Alayne,

Would a time requirement mess things up? If not, your actions could simply
place the forms into session scope.

Most of our clients don't spend all day at their machines, so 30 minutes or
so is too much of a constraint...

Just a wild thought :o)

Brian