struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitc...@telocity.com>
Subject RE: name of zip file???chuck cavaness book
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:22:06 GMT

Chuck has worked very hard to get this book into print.  In case you don't
know, he has a family (wife and two sons) to support.

He is too nice of a guy to say this, so I will say it for him...

There is a reason that the download page is not there anymore. Buy the book.

The dedicated individuals who spend hours each day helping others resolve
issues get ABSOLUTELY NO compensation for doing so.  For those who are lucky
enough to get a book deal, the proceeds from it are hardly compensation for
the enormous amount of time it takes to bring it to print.

I know there will still be some who try to cheat him out of what little
income he gets from each print, but the rest of us honest folk can do our
part and thank him with our wallets.

I purchased Ted's pdf the same day it was available, and I plan to pick up
Chuck's as soon as it hits the shelves at my local book store.  I also own
the other 2 books Chuck has co-authored.

Thank you Craig, Ted, Chuck, Brian, Sue, James and others (there are too
many to name) for your wisdom, guidance, and patience.  Besides the day to
day knowledge transfer, having a good book beside us helps us all do our
jobs better.....so THANK YOU!!!!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing