struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitc...@telocity.com>
Subject RE: Managing message keys
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:30:59 GMT
Several IDEs (such as NetBeans) provide a nice i18n view of managing those
files in a spreadsheet-like editor.  So each locale would be another column
of values....its pretty slick.

If you care to use a database to store and retrieve your application
resources, I've created an implementation of MessageResources that does
this.  Support for multi-keyed bundles and Modules (1.1) is included (albeit
declarative).

I'm also building a management tool (not finished yet) that will allow you
to manage the key/value pairs from within your own running application.

The initial project is sitting on my server as a build-able struts-example
which uses MySql.  Feel free to download and try it. (It uses OJB under the
covers, so you never write or edit a single line of sql)

 http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta/downloads

I'm in the process of refactoring the code to fit into commons-resources.
Once that's complete, I'll make the Struts version available (which will use
commons-resources).

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing