struts-user mailing list archives

From Jarnot Voytek Contr AU HQ/SC <Voytek.Jar...@MAXWELL.AF.MIL>
Subject RE: Help with ValidatorForm
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:27:42 GMT
I will typically (I don't know if this is an accepted convention) have two
action-mappings: for example, StudentEdit and StudentEditSave that point at
the same form-bean, and call the same Action class - the only difference
being that StudentEditSave has validate=true and StudentEdit has
validate=false.  Of course, you also need to pass in a parameter to the
Action to specify whether to load the edit jsp or save the record (or you
could just write two separate Action classes).

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 4:17 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Help with ValidatorForm

Eddie wrote:
> Gotcha!  Validate defaults to true :-O
> ... so set it to false in your populate action ;-)

Will do... but how could you *ever* set it to true with a
LookupDispatchAction?  It's validating *before* the form is ever displayed
for the first time.  Of course it's going to fail!

I am attempting to use a ValidationForm here.  I haven't quite figured out
the many options available-- any suggestions will be appreciated.

--
Wendy Smoak
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unidbtags