struts-user mailing list archives

From Jarnot Voytek Contr AU HQ/SC <Voytek.Jar...@MAXWELL.AF.MIL>
Subject RE: problem with client-side validation and ValidatorActionForm
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:23:24 GMT
Regardless of whether it's referenced by form-bean name or action path,
wouldn't it only validate if you've got validate=true set in your <action> ?
Therefore allowing you to only validate on a specific action...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Bell [mailto:ryan@messagecast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 3:33 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: problem with client-side validation and ValidatorActionForm

I only want to validate when a specific action is performed (server-side) so
I'm extending the ValidatorActionForm for my form which is why I'm using the
action-mapping in the as the form name in my validation file as described in
the pdf of chapter twelve of Struts in action book:

To enable the Struts Validator for Struts 1.1, just follow the initial setup
instructions
in chapter 4 and extend your ActionForm from ValidatorForm and Validator-
ActionForm. The ValidatorForm will match the formset name with the form-bean
name. The ValidatorActionForm will match the formset name with the
actionmapping
path.