struts-user mailing list archives

From meissa.Sa...@bpam.fr
Subject No getter method for property message
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:02:20 GMT
I'm tearing my hair off about this very strange
error message.

here it is.
javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method for property targetDir of bean
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

I get it when my jsp  is called. it seems like my own form bean is not
recognized even when I do define all
thins in my config file.

here is the definition in the struts config file

<form-bean      name="readMailForm"
                    type="com.bpam.mail.forms.ReadingMailForm"/>

 <action    path="/initReception"
               name="readMailForm"
               type="com.bpam.mail.actions.CreateReceptionAction"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
      <forward name="success"              path="/admReception.jsp"/>
    </action>

the form bean class contains simple String attributes.

in my jsp, the form is defined like this :
"1" border="0" cla"form">

"50"/>&nbsp;*

when I call them in admReception.jsp, I get error message above saying that the
targetDir has no getter method. what' wrong.

I've searching the all archive list, but there is nothing similar to my problem.

if someone can help .

Meissa