struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Born" <jb...@gr.com>
Subject RE: Executive Level Blurb on why to use Struts on a new project
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:56:48 GMT
Paresh and Chuck,

Thank you both for your time and insight.  What follows is a very rough
listing of Executive level reasons for adopting struts:

<Blurb>
Industry experts have developed Struts to solve the MVC problem that almost
every web based project must tackle.  Struts is an open source framework that
implements the model view control (MVC) pattern for developing dynamic
websites.  Struts has several other features that will help speed the
development process. The following list some of the features that will be
used to speed up and standardize development:

·	It has a built in, extendable, validation framework that works the
same on both the browser and the server.  This allows the developers to write
their validation logic once and be confidant that the validation will work
even if a browser doesn't support JavaScript. This works because the same
validation will occur on the server.  This removes a great deal of browser
specific code that a developer would otherwise be force to write.
·	Strut provides a rich library of tags that aids developers in
implementing the clients Interface, which is as called the view
·	Pre-built components for recording and displaying errors
·	Components that simplifies the task of managing the layouts of
JavaServer Pages (JSPs). The layout is configured through XML
·	Struts also has a large and active developer community that has
vigorously tested the framework.
·	The documentation that comes with Struts in excellent, every class
and every method is documented.  This once again allows us to focus on
creation of the site, not documented the framework that we used to create the
site.
·	Using Struts will also remove all Java code from the presentation
layer, which allows web designers to completely create a web page without
having to learn to code.
·	It also provides a Servlet based implementation of a controller. This
class works with a XML configuration file to control the flow of the
application.

<Summary>
	something about struts allowing us to focus on the project at hand
and not the framework.
</Summary>
</Blurb>

What would take out/modify/put it?