struts-user mailing list archives

From "Madel,Kurt" <kma...@csmi.com>
Subject RE: Struts Tags vs. JSTL
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:45:13 GMT
The Struts-el tags are great except there is no role parameter for the <c:if
...> tage?  <logic:present /> was not ported.

Kurt Madel
Programmer, CSMi
(703) 823-4300 ext. 170

-----Original Message-----
From: flare [mailto:flare@flare.it]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 1:39 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts Tags vs. JSTL

> My team is interested in using the JSTL  Has anyone seen something
> like this?

I tried JSTL for 2 hours and I thrown away struts custom tags at once!
Of course you should still use the HTML tags (or better HTML-EL) to render
forms
but you can use JSTL for anything else and is much *MUCH* clean, standard
and powerful

The only thing I miss is the function support which will be added in the
servlet specs v2.0

 regards