struts-user mailing list archives

From richmond te <richmon...@yahoo.com>
Subject pls help! regular expressions for the validator
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:53:57 GMT

I am trying to come up with a reg exp for valid char set that we use..We allow chars, numerics,
space, hyphen, slash, full stop, and asterisk as per below.. I've got:

<constant>

<constant-name>charSet</constant-name>

<constant-value>^[a-zA-Z0-9\s-./*]*$</constant-value>

</constant>

This works OK.. however..

I need the "&" ampersand as part of the valid char set.. Documentation I can find says
use "\&" but it does not work.. in fact the whole expression does not get validated if
I place an ampersand in the reg exp..the only missing characte I need as part of the input
is the ampersand and I would like to know how to add this..

Thanks