struts-user mailing list archives

From Mr Alireza Fattahi <afatt...@yahoo.com>
Subject I18n and Oracle Database fails
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:07:01 GMT
Hi,

I did a lot about i18n but I still have problem. I do
every thing that was said in :
http://www.anassina.com/struts/i18n/i18n.html

Every thing works fine. Now in my action form I read
the form inputs and want to insert the data into
Oracle
tables. The data will be inserted in wrong encoding.

I did the below test:
I entered a Farsi string with 2 charcters in my form.
After submit, In the action form,
when I print the length of this charcter I get 2. But
shouldn't I get 4 as character length, because it is
all unicode.

Should I say oracle that I am inserting unicode? How?