struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic form and Upload
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 06:33:57 GMT

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Mr Alireza Fattahi wrote:

> Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 05:21:12 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Mr Alireza Fattahi <afattahi@yahoo.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Dynamic form and Upload
>
> Hi,
> I want to use struts dynamic form feature.
> There is form which has an upload file filed and some
> input text.

Using form beans (either standard ActionForm subclasses or using
DynaActionForm/DynaValidatorActionForm) is not sufficient for supporting
file upload functionality.  You must explisitly use the file upload
support provided by Struts directly (in 1.0) or indirectly via the
commons-fileupload module( in 1.1).

For an example of the required programming techiques, see the
struts-upload example app that is included with the Struts distribution.

Craig