struts-user mailing list archives

From Arron Bates <struts-u...@keyboardmonkey.com>
Subject Re: Struts: a Graphic Artist blessing or curse?
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:11:20 GMT
It's up to your designers. I've had designers that throw their hands up
at anything under the bonnet at all. Being a graphic designer myself, I
don't mind cutting code at any level. :)

The trick with anything like this is find the middle ground for your
team. For some, it's just having them cut just the HTML face and working
a process that allows flexibility with changes.

But the fact is, you can pick the difference of professional design. You
just have to ask yourself as to how much you want to pay for it.

I wish you luck.

Arron.

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 00:49, vellosa@btopenworld.com wrote:

> Haha!
>
> This whole idea of J2EE where we have seperation of roles hasn't quite happened has it.
The idea that there are business process programmers, database programmers, front end guys
etc. In the end it's always the same person fulfilling all the roles.

> On the projects that I have been on in the past Graphic designers have been comissioned
to make up the pages, which are done statically. Then the programmers have gone through the
pains of making these pages dynamic.