struts-user mailing list archives

From "Affan Qureshi" <quere...@etilize.com>
Subject Nested layouts (Panels inside Tabs)
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:26:52 GMT
I have a Tabs Layout setup and inside a tab I have another layout with two
panels(menu and content). This is my definition:

<definition name="index.page" path="/webpages/layouts/tabsLayout.jsp" >
     <put name="header" value="/webpages/header.jsp"/>
     <put name="footer" value="/webpages/footer.jsp" />dfs
     <put name="selectedIndex" value="0" />s
     <put name="parameterName" value="selected" />
     <putList name="tabList" >
         <item value="Home"  link="/webpages/home.jsp"
classtype="org.apache.struts.tiles.beans.SimpleMenuItem" />
         <item value="Template"  link="/webpages/template.jsp"
classtype="org.apache.struts.tiles.beans.SimpleMenuItem" />
         <item value="Search" link="/webpages/search.jsp"
classtype="org.apache.struts.tiles.beans.SimpleMenuItem" />
 </putList>
</definition>

The link to "Template" i.e the template.jsp file follows a simple layout:

<definition name="templateview.default" path="/webpages/layout.jsp">
    <put name="menu" value="/webpages/tiles/categoryTile.jsp"/>
    <put name="body" value="/webpages/tiles/templateTile.jsp"/>
</definition>

The problem is that when I click on any link inside one of the panels in
templateTile.jsp or any other file, it breaks out of the Tabular layout and
displays it as just two panels. This problem can be reproduced if you run
the tiles-documentation example and go to
http://localhost:8080/tiles-documentation/examples/tabs.jsp. Now here if you
click on any link in the menu the page will open outside the tab layout.

The hyperlinks in my "Menu" panel point to Action classes. I am forwarding
requests from the Action classes to Tiles Definitions.

What should I do to tackle this problem?

Also can anyone guide me to a resource for Nested Tabs?

Thanks for your time.

Affan
quereshi@etilize.com