struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Hickey" <bhic...@r-effects.com>
Subject Re: Problem with <logic:iterate> using Vector?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:01:41 GMT
Jana,

I think I see part of the problem. Here is some further info:

<jsp:useBean id="viewListing" scope="session" type="com.ViewListingBean"/>

-- When you use type="com.ViewListingBean"... do you have a class named
ViewListingBean that has a 'package com' directive at the top? If so - good.
If not - that needs to be corrected.

-- The "id" in the usebean tag refers to the exact name of the bean your
action class placed into request/session scope.

-- The logic:iterate should look like..
<logic:iterate id="anythingYouLike" name="viewListing"
property="listingsSummary" type="java.util.Vector">

-- Then you can use tags nested in the iterate as:
    <bean:write name="anythingYouLike" property="someProperty"/>
</logic:iterate>

You are correct - JSP/Struts will not allow redefinition of beans with the
same name in the same page/template/tile.

HTH

Brian