struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Hoehn" <shoe...@cscploenzke.de>
Subject RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continu e" buttons?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:24:15 GMT

Hi Mark,

have you got an example how you solved that with JavaScript? Anywhere where
I can look it up? I did it once by counting with javascript if I have been
on the same page for the second time and refresh the page automatically, so
the front controller can manage to push me to the right page again or
refresh the page to an updated view.

regards
Stefan
Stefan Hoehn                                   CSC PLOENZKE AG
Phone  +49 (611) 142-22296      e-Business + Technology Center Central
Fax      +49 (611) 142-29513        Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1
Mobil    +49 (174) 3229853          65189 Wiesbaden
Mail     shoehn2@csc.com        http://www.cscploenzke.de

                    <Galbreath           cc:

                    @tessco.com>         Subject:     RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice
for "back", "save",
                                         "continu     e" buttons?

                    24.09.2002

                    14:04

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"

Ahhh yes, the bane of web app developers!  I solved this problem with
JavaScript and cookies - no browser back operations allowed!

And spare me the "what if JavaScript is turned off" noise - it just doesn't
happen in the REAL world.

Mark