struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@attws.com>
Subject RE: EL and the developer's roadmap
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 16:05:57 GMT

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "movement away from using Struts tags".
I'm an individual.  I had an idea to combine the Struts tag library with the
JSTL EL engine (which stands for "expression language).  I wrote the library
and contributed it.  Some people want to experiment with JSTL while using
Struts, which I think is a good idea.

Now, I would definitely say there is a trend towards using the EL syntax, as
the JSP 2.0 specification will allow that syntax, both in attribute values,
and in general content.

There is only one constant, and that is change.  If you are determined to
keep track of the latest developments in everything you're involved with, it
will definitely be a challenge.  My advice is to pick the areas you want to
concentrate on.  Determine areas that you PLAN to ignore, at least while
it's on the bleeding edge.