struts-user mailing list archives

From Kavitha Ranga <kavitha.ranganat...@wcom.com>
Subject RE: Pre-popluating the select dropdown.
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 00:49:36 GMT
I did not see any which solves my problem.I have also gone through the
sample jsp which comes with Struts. Since my selected option is not going to
be the same all the time,I cannot set the value .It has to be dyanamic.I
have seen many people ask the same question but so far I have not seen any
answer.

Kavitha

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 8:46 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Pre-popluating the select dropdown.

Kavitha Ranga wrote:

>I have a select dropdown in my JSP page.I retrieve the
>data from the database and depending on the value I get back I have
>to make that option as selected in my select dropdown.So the selected
>option cannot be hardcoded.It has to be dynamic. I could not see any of
>the select attributes which can accomplish this.
>Has anyone tried to do this on the jsp using Struts ?

Yes.  At least 3 people in the last two days have asked this question.
 It's a popular one.  Did you try searching the archive?  Google?  Oh
... here's a fair one, I think:

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg44110.html

There are others:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Struts+Default+Option

Google does wonderous magic with the mail archive.  I have no clue how
it finds such relevant posts, but it does a beautiful job of doing so.

Hope that helps.

--
Eddie Bush