I did by a similar approach: ... In tha way you can take advantage of the iteration to set different property names to your input: textFieldName1, textFieldName2.... Just another choice for you >From: Darryl Nortje >Reply-To: "Struts Users Mailing List" >To: 'Struts Users Mailing List' >Subject: RE: Dynamic name to the text fields >Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:48:37 +0200 > >Anoop, I did it by iterating through a collection of beans, each bean in >the >collection for eg had a getKey() and getValue() method then the jsp looks >like this. > > > > > "/> > > > > >It's very simple but it works.... > >cheers >Darryl > >-----Original Message----- >From: Donald Ball [mailto:dball@rhoworld.com] >Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 4:44 PM >To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org; anoopra@india.hp.com >Subject: Re: Dynamic name to the text fields > > >On 8/30/2002 at 7:28 PM Anoop wrote: > > >Hi All, > > > > I am a newbie to struts and taglibs, was trying to display text >fields > >dynamically using "html:iterator". Below is the scenario I was > >trying out. > >You may be in luck, I've been recently trying to learn how to do something >similar myself. > > > > >The html snippet for the above is something like: > > > > > > > > > >But I want it to be something like: > > > > > > > > > >Where the values("a" & "b") for the name attribute comes from an array > >defined in the Form Bean. What are the changes required in my jsp >snippet? > > > >Also, if only it is possible to get an output as desired, does the >FormBean > >be modified to support this. As there won't be any getter/setter for "a" > >and > >"b". > > > >Appreciate any kind of help regarding this. > >First, google around for "map-backed ActionForms" or similar. There's some >stuff over on jguru that might be helpful. Also, I'm trying to write >documentation for the struts user's guide for this, so I'd appreciate your >comments on how (un)clear the following is (apologies for the formatting, >my mail client sucks): > >
href="map_action_form_classes"> >

The DynaActionForm classes offer the ability to create ActionForm >beans > at initialization time, based on a list of properties enumerated in the >struts >configuration file. However, many HTML forms are generated dynamically at >request-time. Their ActionForm beans' properties are not all known ahead of >time, so we need a new approach.

Struts allows you to make one (or more) of your ActionForm's >properties >' values a Map instead of a traditional atomic object. You can then store >your form's dynamic fields' data in that Map. Here is an example of a >map-backed ActionForm class:

>public FooForm extends ActionForm {
>
>     private final Map values = new HashMap();
>
>     public void setValue(String key, Object value) {
>         values.put(key, value);
>     }
>
>     public Object getValue(String key) {
>         return values.get(key);
>     }
>
>}
>]]>

In its corresponding JSP page, you can access objects stored in >the values map using a special notation: mapname(keyname). The >parantheses in the bean property name serve to indicate that the bean >property named mapname should be a Map, and that struts should look >at the value stored with the key keyname in that Map to find the >"real" property for mapname(keyname).

Here is a simple example:

>]]>

This will call the getValue() method on FooForm with a key value >of "foo" to find the property value. To create a form with dynamic field >names, you might do something like this: