struts-user mailing list archives

From jwan...@mmm.com
Subject RE: Send data from servlet to servlet
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:34:45 GMT

Martin,
Could you give some code example? I am new to Servlet and don't know how to
do it. I don't care whether to send as request or response. It's just a
large string to be sent from servlet to servlet in another domain. Thanks.

Jenny

                      "Martin Cooper"

<struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                      leweed.com>               cc:

                                                Subject:  RE: Send data from servlet to servlet

                      09/04/2002 09:14 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Are you trying to send the data as part of a request or as part of a
response? If it's part of a request, then you should use a POST request
with
multipart/form-data encoding. If it's part of a response, then just send
the
data directly, and then return null from your Struts Action.

--
Martin Cooper