struts-user mailing list archives

From kpul...@tsys.com
Subject Tiles/Securing JSP pages
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:07:32 GMT
I'm using Tiles in my Struts application and it's working nicely until I
moved the JSP pages under the WEB-INF directory.

I've added the following line in my struts-config.xml:
<controller nocache="true" forwardPattern="/WEB-INF/$A$P" pagePattern=
"/WEB-INF/$A$P"/>

Now my directory structure looks like :
/WEB-INF/terms/terms.jsp
/WEB-INF/common/header.jsp
/WEB-INF/common/menu.jsp

And my tiles-config.xml file is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Tiles Configuration//EN"
"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config.dtd">
<tiles-definitions>
     <definition name="baseDef" path="/template.jsp">
          <put name="header" value="/common/header.jsp"/>
          <put name="menubar" value="/common/menu.jsp"/>
          <put name="body-content" value=""/>
    </definition>
     <definition name="tcatDetail" extends="baseDef">
          <put name="body-content" value="/terms/terms.jsp" />
     </definition>
</tiles-definitions>

The template.jsp page is under the WEB-INF directory also, and Tiles is
obviously finding it since I'm getting an error that states "the server can
not find /common/header.jsp"

I know I'm overlooking something simple, but I just can't seem to put my
finger on it.

Any help would be appreciated.