struts-user mailing list archives

From Stephen.Chamb...@transplace.com
Subject Please help decide a religious discussion
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:13:35 GMT

All,

My team is currently at loggerheads about the correct place to put the
database calls that are prepopulating our drop downs. We can not decide if
they should be in the ActionForm or in the Action class. We are trying to
stick them in the validate method in the ActionForm to make sure they are
always called in instances where the form does not get to the action class
(i.e. validation fails). But is this the correct way? I am thinking this is
nothing new. What is the correct way to initialize drop downs?
And then what about closing the database connection?

I would much appreciate any help. It would make our Friday alot smoother.

Steve