struts-user mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitc...@telocity.com>
Subject RE: The name of application resources?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:18:19 GMT
Take a look at the source code for MessageResources and it's default
implementation PropertyMessageResources.  You'll gain an appreciation for
why this won't work (by default) and doing it yourself would be (what I
consider) a non-supported modification ;)

I'm not trying to discourage you.  I know exactly how to do this.  I just
can't see WHY you need to do this.

I've written my own MessageResources implementation (DBMessageResources)
which allows you to store and retrieve the key-value pairs in a database.
I'm almost finished with the second (XMLMessageResources).

Good luck with it and let me know what you decide.

Cheers,

James "Sasquatch on crack" Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta