struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: [AGAIN] Duplicate values on both ActionForm error.
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:55:04 GMT
Real Programmers are not constrained by warnings of dire consequences of
"misusing" technology; they relish the opportunities! Abiding by procedural
rules is simply not interesting.

(I also use action chaining.)

-----Original Message-----
From: JEWeaver@thoughtworks.com [mailto:JEWeaver@thoughtworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 6:49 PM

Martin -

"action chaining not recommended in Struts applications"?

I have done quite a bit.  It's one of the things I liked about Struts.  If
I have an edit widget action and a get widgets action, and then I have a
new link or button on some page that is supposed to save changes to a
widget and navigate to a display widgets page, I can chain discrete actions
together in the struts config to get the composite effect desired.  I kind
of liked creating new effects when I could with the XML rather than adding
new composite actions to the codebase.

Did I misunderstand or miss something?  Highly likely ;->, since you were
responding to a specific problem...

Jimbo