struts-user mailing list archives

From "Afshartous, Nick" <nick.afshart...@proactcorp.com>
Subject RE: Firewall and Struts inhibit CSS references
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:17:50 GMT

< From: James Mitchell [mailto:jmitchtx@telocity.com]

< The request made by the browser for the text file
< "/strutstest/css/adm_01.css" is handled by your web server.  It never even
< makes it to the servlet container, much less the struts action servlet.

Would it be possible that somehow the environment of the servlet or
container indirectly
affects the processing of the CSS link ref ?  I'm asking this because
when the file has a .html suffix it works fine, but with a .jsp suffix
the CSS file is not applied.  Also, when the URL path to the page is
requested (i.e. .../test.jsp) it works fine.  Its only when an action
forwards to the .jsp file that the CSS file is not found/applied to the
.jsp.

< You should consult the firewall documentation or try a bit more debugging
< with your firewall software.  I run a very restrictive firewall on my home
< server and it handles .css just fine.

The firewall in our case is not at the server end.  The user's machine
is behind a firewall looking at the outside world where the server is.
When the user's machine is not behind a firewall the CSS file is applied to
the .jsp and the page is rendered fine.

Thanks for any info.

    Nick

For additional commands, e-mail: