struts-user mailing list archives

From "Floodgate, Gareth (G.)" <gfloo...@ford.com>
Subject ServletException using Tiles in Struts 1.0.1
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 09:29:27 GMT
Hi,

We are using Sturts 1.0.1 with Tiles, and have come across an issue, which I will attempt
to describe below:

Explanation of usage:

The application is run within OC4J latest release

we use a jsp file to include common page information, it also includes the following line
at the head of the JSP, the idea being to make this common across all JSPS

<%@page buffer="64kb" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" errorPage="/error.jsp" %>

.. other common tiles definitions here, header menu bar, etc. ...

This JSP is then included at the head of an arbitary application page (called from an action),
as so:

<%@ include file="/layout/tiles-defs.jsp" %>

... other tiles inserts and puts for this page ...

... main page html - combination of logic:iterate, etc. ...

Explanation of Issue:

It appears that when the buffer (as defined above) becomes full, something causes a ServletException,
the message is shown below:

 [ServletException in:/layout/default.jsp] null'

default.jsp is just a jsp with basic default info.

i.e. <haed> definitions and <body> definition

If the buffer attribute is removed the servlet exception happens immeadiately after the inclusion
of the tiles-defs.jsp (that renders correctly).

Increasing the buffer size works for larger pages, but we are up to a buffer of 512kb and
this really does not seem right, as the HTML produced is no way even near that size.

I would like to point out that the same page without any tiles "bits" works perfectly.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of error?

Many Thanks

Gareth Floodgate