struts-user mailing list archives

From John Yu <j...@scioworks.com>
Subject Re: HOWTO add actions to the Struts "pipeline"
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 02:08:33 GMT
There was a thread on this issue days ago.

See
http://www.scioworks.net/devnews/strutsDistilled/updates/update-020906/interceptRequest.html

.

In addition, you can provide a common Action superclass.

At 09:36 am 12-09-2002, you wrote:
>I want to add an action to the Struts "pipeline" so that every single
>request will cause the ActionServlet, or any other entity, to trigger a
>custom service/action.
>Basically I want to add one or more custom "Helpers" or "Managers" that
>will perform some processing for every request and then return control to
>the ActionServlet so it can process the request and forward on to the
>requested ActionClass.  I want these custom actions to fire for every
>request and I want to fire some before the ActionClass(s) and some after
>the ActionClass(s) is done.
>What mechanism(s) does Struts offer that will allow me to plug into the
>existing Struts pipeline?
>
>Thx,
>Eric Weiss
>

>--

John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989
w: http://www.scioworks.com   m: +(65) 9782 9610

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"
Copyright (c) 2002 John Yu/Scioworks Technologies. All rights reserved.