struts-user mailing list archives

From John Yu <j...@scioworks.com>
Subject Re: more verbose logging
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:40:40 GMT
Hi Vincent,

Struts internally uses Commons-Logging.

Basically, Commons-Logging will try to use JDK1.4 logging, Log4J and Avalon
LogKit, depending which one it finds on the classpath. Then, the logging is
controlled by the found logging implementation.

For instance, if you have Log4J, Commons-Logging will use Log4J. In this
case, to get more debug messages from Struts in the servlet container's log
file, set in the log4j.properties file:

   log4j.rootCategory=INFO, stdout
   log4j.category.org.apache.struts=DEBUG

See file:///C:/Development/commons-logging-1.0.1/docs/api/index.html for
more info.

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"
Copyright (c) 2002 John Yu/Scioworks Technologies. All rights reserved.