struts-user mailing list archives

From John Yu <j...@scioworks.com>
Subject Re: set a value from a form to a form
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 02:09:55 GMT
Mike,

If I understand you correctly, you want to retain the value when the form
is submitted. One option is to use <bean:message> to display the value and
use <html:hidden> to retain the value for form submission.

   Prop1: <bean:message name="myForm" property="prop1"/>

The value is *not* retained in a bean. It's just resubmitted as an URI
parameter. If you let Struts do the auto formbean population, you will get
it in the actionform object.

Bean created by <bean:define> in the request scope will "disappear" because
whenever you submit the form, that's a complete new request.

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"
Copyright (c) 2002 John Yu/Scioworks Technologies. All rights reserved.