struts-user mailing list archives

From Walter Fu <Walter...@ssa.co.santa-clara.ca.us>
Subject JavaScript dhtml menu: contextPath in url
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 18:43:52 GMT
I am using 1.0.2. I want to use a JavaScript-based menu such as Milonic
DHTML Menu that shows the sub-menus on the mouse over event.

In their example, one needs to supply the url as follows:

addmenu(menu=["generalnews",
		,,170,1,"",style1,,"left",effect,,,,,,,,,,,,
		,"CNN","http://www.cnn.com",,,0
		,"MSNBC","http://www.msnbc.com",,,0
		,"ABC News","http://www.abcnews.com",,,0
		,"Vancouver Local News","show-menu=canadanews",,,0
		,"BBC News","http://news.bbc.co.uk",,,0
		])

What I want to do is something like:

addmenu(menu=["generalnews",
		,,170,1,"",style1,,"left",effect,,,,,,,,,,,,
		,"My News","<%= request.getContextPath()%>/myAction.do",,,0
		])

Obviously it did not work for me. So... What can I do to get the "My News"
link to contain the context path, and perhaps session id? I guess if I could
use <html:link> that would be great.

Of course I do not have to use this perticular solution. Perhaps another
question is what would you recommend a JavaScript-based menuing solution
that works well with Struts 1.0.2

Thanks,

Walter