struts-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Backtracking & Breadcrumbs
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:06:54 GMT
I believe there is a breadcrumbs project somewhere that has an XML
configuration.  You have to specify what is relative to what.  Search
Google for "Java Breadcrumbs" or "Struts Breadcrumbs".  I've been
thinking of implementing something along these lines as well, but mine
would "know" where the links "lived" because of some customization I'm
doing.  It's really easy to suck-in an XML config and populate beans
using digester.  You figure out your heirarchy, determine a way to list
it in XML, give digester a few rules, and turn it loose ;-)

Yeah, there's a little more to it than that - but not much!

My guess is that you want a categorical trail which lists the "category"
a user is in - starting really coarse (Home) and going finer (Home ->
Categories -> Sports -> Baseball ... ).  I don't see why you'd want to
mimic the browsers back button.  From what I recall, the breadcrumbs
project I heard about makes you declare things "categorically" (as per
my example above).

--
Eddie Bush