struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jon.Ridgway" <Jon.Ridg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject RE: Access Session-Object from Form
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:30:47 GMT
Hi Marc,

The normal approach (recommended I think) is to go through a 'load' action.
This action would have access to the session object. In the action you setup
your form bean with the required data and then forward onto the JSP.

Have a look at Ted Husted's site www.husted.com/struts ; here you will find
some guidelines and blueprints that expend on this concept. You might also
want to look at the source of the struts-example.war.

Jon Ridgway

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc.Hofer@swisscom.com [mailto:Marc.Hofer@swisscom.com]
Sent: 19 September 2002 10:16
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Access Session-Object from Form

Hi
I think I'm at the point where I need professional help:
Question:       Is it possible to access a Session-Object from an
ActionForm??
Why:            I want to read some informations from the session-object
which allow me to decide how the answers on getter-methods (on ActionForm!)
look like!

Thanks for any comments!
Marc

The contents of this email are intended only for the named addressees and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If received in error
please contact UPCO on +44 (0) 113 201 0600 and then delete the entire
e-mail from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or
other use of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.