struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jon.Ridgway" <Jon.Ridg...@upco.co.uk>
Subject RE: JavaScript dhtml menu: contextPath in url
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 10:10:16 GMT
Hi Walter,

Have you looked at the html:rewrite tag; also have a look at Ted Husteds
tips on JavaScript and Struts (www.husted.com/sttuts)

Jon Ridgway

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Fu [mailto:Walter.Fu@ssa.co.santa-clara.ca.us]
Sent: 05 September 2002 19:44
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: JavaScript dhtml menu: contextPath in url

I am using 1.0.2. I want to use a JavaScript-based menu such as Milonic
DHTML Menu that shows the sub-menus on the mouse over event.

In their example, one needs to supply the url as follows:

addmenu(menu=["generalnews",
		,,170,1,"",style1,,"left",effect,,,,,,,,,,,,
		,"CNN","http://www.cnn.com",,,0
		,"MSNBC","http://www.msnbc.com",,,0
		,"ABC News","http://www.abcnews.com",,,0
		,"Vancouver Local News","show-menu=canadanews",,,0
		,"BBC News","http://news.bbc.co.uk",,,0
		])

What I want to do is something like:

addmenu(menu=["generalnews",
		,,170,1,"",style1,,"left",effect,,,,,,,,,,,,
		,"My News","<%= request.getContextPath()%>/myAction.do",,,0
		])

Obviously it did not work for me. So... What can I do to get the "My News"
link to contain the context path, and perhaps session id? I guess if I could
use <html:link> that would be great.

Of course I do not have to use this perticular solution. Perhaps another
question is what would you recommend a JavaScript-based menuing solution
that works well with Struts 1.0.2

Thanks,

Walter

For additional commands, e-mail:

The contents of this email are intended only for the named addressees and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If received in error
please contact UPCO on +44 (0) 113 201 0600 and then delete the entire
e-mail from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or
other use of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your
co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.