struts-user mailing list archives

From <tn...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Including file from different server
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:44:12 GMT
Khan,

If I understand the question, you can use the JSTL and the import tag.

     <c:import url="http://www.somesite.com/someresource.html">
     <c:import url="http://www.somesite.com/someresource.gif">
     <c:import url="ftp://ftp.somesite.com/someresource">

The above would cause the resource to be inserted into you page where referenced.

You could also store the resource/content into a vaialbe for manipulation prior to placing
it on the page:
     <c:import url="http://www.somesite.com/someresource.txt" var="myVar">

Not sure if that's what your looking for.

Regards,

Todd G. Nist