struts-user mailing list archives

From "John Owen" <johnlowen_b...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts and Large ResultSet
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:55:28 GMT
Main Entry: ir-re-gard-less
Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
Date: circa 1912
nonstandard : REGARDLESS
usage : Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early
20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention
of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark
about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It
is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to
time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is
still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

It's a word, you just are one of those that hasn't generally accepted it. ;)