struts-user mailing list archives

From "John Averty" <john_ave...@hotmail.com>
Subject Create a custom tag that uses struts HTML tags?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:05:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm a new struts user, and I couldn't find any information that helped;

I'd like to create a custom tag which represents a super-componant such as a "properties list"
tag.

The idea would be to:
1) dynamically specify which fields to be renderered
2) at the same time ensure that the rendering of such list of properties is consistant accross
different pages of the application, without having to rely on "low level" HTML (such as tables,
etc) on each page.

So the question is:

How can I reference Struts tags from withing my tag
 - without having to put a lot of snipet code in the jsp page (I'd like just the tag and a
definition name)
 - still having the struts built-in validations mechanism work.

I'm assuming I might be able to get to the struts tags by some sort of introspecion mechanism,
but I'm not clear on how to have the validation perform.

Any help grandly apprecitated.

Chheers,

John.