struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Latty" <...@team2media.com>
Subject RE: 2000 lbs of Debug logs
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:25:46 GMT
Here is the top 2 lines from my log4j.properties file:

# Set root category priority to WARN which is above INFO
# This is so we do not get about a billion messages from the struts logger
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, emslog

# This sets up messages for the com.yourPackage.* package
log4j.logger.com.yourPackage=DEBUG

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Goodin [mailto:mail@phase.ws]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 August 2002 8:29 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: 2000 lbs of Debug logs

I use log4j for my logging. When I use struts I get a ton of DEBUG Code
going to my Log File on startup. I have set all debug to 0 in the web xml
for the Action Servlet declaration and it still happens. Is there anyway i
can specify in the log4j config file to prevent this from happening apart
from setting my root logger to INFO?

Brandon