struts-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez <miguel-angel.mul...@mad.tecsidel.es>
Subject RE: Bean of scope request missing in link
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:54:53 GMT
I know HTML can't save beans (ActionForm in this case). I have see that
Struts don't reuse my ActionForm, it creates a new ActionForm, puts the
values of the HTML form, and deletes the old. My problem in this case is
that if I put a link, it can't put any values in the ActionForm, so it
erases it.

I have make it work with some JavaScript and a hidden form, but, Is there a
way to say Struts don't erase the ActionForm if I press the link, only if I
make a submit?

Thanks!!

Sorry for my english!! :(

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Adolfo Miguelez [mailto:pelly69@hotmail.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 22 de agosto de 2002 10:36
Para: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Bean of scope request missing in link

Hi Miguel Angel,

I response you in English to share the answer with anyone. After JSP
compilation it becomes in an HTML which is sent to the browser client.
Once in the client, how can the HTML hold a bean? The bean is supposed in
the JSP compilation by the JSP engine but produced HTML cannot hold the
bean, AFAIK.

Can you further explain your question or answer directly, in Spanish if you
want to pelly69@hotmail.com?

To pursue the behaviour that you are looking for, why do not you place the
bean in session scope and invoke it from the sucesive JSPs? Take in mind
that JSP compilation produces in server and the page that you see in browser
IN THE CLIENT MACHINE is the HTML after JSP compilation.

Am I missing something? Regards,

Adolfo.

>From: Miguel Angel Mulero Martinez <miguel-angel.mulero@mad.tecsidel.es>
>To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
>Subject: Bean of scope request missing in link
>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:03:42 +0200
>
>I've got a JSP page with a <html:form>. This form is complete with the
>contents of a java bean. I've got a link to a Action (that redirects to
>another JSP). Mi problem is that when I press the link, the Action (and, of
>course, after the JSP) don't receive the java bean, so in the JSP I can't
>print the contents. The bean have scope request, so I think it would have
>work.
>
>Is this normal? Some idea?
>
>Thanks!!
>

>--