struts-user mailing list archives

From "franck.perrin@voila.fr" <franck.per...@voila.fr>
Subject i18n of internal messages
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:42:53 GMT
Hi,

I need to customise some internal messages (org.apache.struts.taglib.LocalStrings.properties,

org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings.properties...).

I first apply the rules for i18n :
I created a ApplicationResources_fr_FR.properties
I put it in the WEB-INF/classes directory and put the following code in my web.wml file
<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>application</param-name>
<param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>

It works fine for keys like "struts.welcome" but messages for keys like "lookup.bean" (member
of
org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings.properties) can't be overwritten.

I secondly tried to put a LocalStrings_fr_FR.properties in the WEB-INF/classes directory but
it doesn't work either.

I've not managed to understand how the internal messages location was set.

Is there a better solution than replacing the original messages files in the my struts.jar
file ?