struts-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark" <Galbre...@tessco.com>
Subject RE: Servlet Validation
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:21:27 GMT
Create a blank index.html page in the /host/account directory that redirects
to index.jsp in a META tag with the URL /do/index and the user will be
directed to  any path and bean defined for that path in struts-config.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:dgraham1980@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 3:31 PM

Hi,
I want all my jsps to be called through the ActionServlet instead of
directly through a url.  I've subclassed ActionServlet and overridden the
process() method to do authentication.  So, on every request it will check
if the user is logged in and then provide the page they asked for.  How do I

set this up?  Here's my feeble attempt in the struts-config file:

<action
name="bogusForm"
type="com.ibm.sdfreg.action.AccountIndexAction"
path="/account/"
scope="request"
validate="false">
    <forward name="success" path="/account/index.jsp" />
</action>

There is no bogusForm bean defined and the AccountIndexAction.perform()
method just forwards to the success page.  I want the user to type in this
url http://host/account/ and get the index page.  Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Dave